Select a nursing research article from the list below that includes a theoretical or conceptual framework and the exploration of a clinical problem. Identify the nursing research article components using the Week 5 research template.
Development of a Proactive Care Program (U-CARE) to Preserve Physical Functioning of Frail Older People in Primary Care
Emotional Work and Diversity in Clinical Placements of Nursing Students
Nurses’ Preparedness and Perceived Competence in Managing Disasters
Self-efficacy-based training for research literature appraisal
The template will be evaluated on the effectiveness of the discussion of the following components. If a component is not present in the article, its absence should be discussed.
- Identify the research problem.
- Identify the research purpose.
- Summarize the review of literature.
- Identify the nursing framework or theoretical perspective.
- Identify the research questions and hypotheses.
- Identify the variables.
- Identify and discuss the appropriateness of the design.
- Discusses the validity and reliability of the instruments, tools, or surveys.
- Discuss the significance of the study. Did it resolve the question?
- Discuss the legal and ethical issues of the study. Include the use of human subjects and their protection.
- Describe any cultural aspects of the study.
- Describe the final sample.
- Describe the procedures for data collection.
- Summarize the results including statistical analysis used or other method of analysis.
- Describe how the results of the research may impact future nursing practice.
- Apply the research to the student’s nursing practice.
- NOTE: If a component is absent, student receives a zero for that component.
Cite any resources in APA style and include a copy of the article with the submission.
Cite the article reviewed in APA style:
***In the template, any direct quotes from the articles needs to only include the page number.
|Week 5 Template||Check the correct method used in your article
|Identify the research problem|
|Identify the research purpose|
|Summarize the literature review|
|Identify the framework or theoretical perspective|
|Identify the research questions or hypotheses|
|Identify the variables (dependent & independent)
and demographic variables
|Identify and discuss
appropriateness of design
|Discuss the validity and reliability of the of instruments, tools, or survey.|
|Discuss the significance of the study; were research questions resolved|
|Discuss legal and ethical issues of study; were
human subjects protected
|Discuss any cultural aspects of the study.|
|Describe the final sample|
|Describe the procedures used to collect data|
|Summarize the results including statistical analyses performed or other method of analysis|
|Describe how results of research may impact future nursing practice|
|Describe how research can be applied to student’s nursing practice|