1. Name the glands and hormones affected by the posterior pituitary gland and describe the major effects they have on the body.
2. What are areas of imbalance that may occur in an infant or young child that would not occur in adults?
3. What are the nursing interventions for an adolescent girl with hyperthyroidism?
4. What are the nursing diagnoses for a child with precocious puberty?
1. What are the origins and types of cancers typical in children and in adults?
2. What is the difference between acute lymphoblastic leukemia and acute myelogenous leukemia?
1. Discuss the two types of monogenic inheritance as well as the subsets of each type.
2. What is the purpose of genetic counseling, and what is the nurse’s role in it?
1. What are the primary nursing implications for psychostimulant medications (e.g., methylphenidate, dextroamphetamine) prescribed for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder?
2. Define sensory integration dysfunction.
3. How do untreated mental health alterations in the early years manifest during the adolescent years?
1. Create a checklist that identifies the steps for assisting with tracheal intubation.
2. Describe the proper single-rescuer procedure for ventilating a child with a bag-valve-mask (BVM).
3. Write an essay that explains the 3 steps for rapid cardiopulmonary assessment.