- Florence Nightingale pioneered the concept of using research in nursing, yet during the first half of the 20th century, very little was done to advance this thinking. Since that time, the nursing profession has diligently worked to improve patient care through the application of research findings, or more commonly known as evidence-based practice (EBP). Evidence-based practice is the “conscientious and judicious use of current best evidence in conjunction with clinical expertise and patient values to guide health care decisions” (Titler, 2008, para. 3).
Questions to ConsiderTo deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community.
- How has the role of a professional nurse changed since you obtained your nursing license?
- How has EBP advanced the nursing profession?
- How does evidence-based research translate to positive patient outcomes?
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
Click the links provided to view the following resources:
- NHS Learner Success Lab.
- APA Paper Template.
- APA Paper Tutorial.
Search the Capella library and the Internet for scholarly and professional peer-reviewed articles on evidence-based nursing practice. You will need at least three articles to use as support for your work on this assessment.
As a health care professional and a new BSN learner you have been asked to contribute a professional blog post on evidence-based practice to a new Web site for student nurses. The site editor has asked you to write a post that explores the following key questions:
- How does research affect existing medical knowledge and practice?
- How can evidence-based patient care improve the quality of care?
- What types of clinical strategies help foster an evidence-based nursing practice?
- Which component of the nursing process is evidence-based practice aligned with?
When writing a blog post, keep in mind that long blocks of text are hard for readers to digest, especially when reading on mobile devices. Format your document by breaking up your content into shorter paragraphs, bullet points, and lists whenever possible. Subheadings should be used to provide focus.
https://healthtermpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/logoHTP-2-300x75.png 0 0 admin https://healthtermpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/logoHTP-2-300x75.png admin2018-11-09 11:30:112018-11-09 11:30:11How does research affect existing medical knowledge and practice