|Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of human development throughout the lifespan (infants, children, adolescents, adults, and older adults). Course content must include, but is not limited to, developmental psychology.|
|Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the concepts of human behavior to include the behavioral sciences, social sciences, and occupational science. Course content must include, but is not limited to, introductory psychology, abnormal psychology, and introductory sociology or introductory anthropology.|
|Demonstrate knowledge and appreciation of the role of sociocultural, socioeconomic, and diversity factors and lifestyle choices in contemporary society. Course content must include, but is not limited to, introductory psychology, abnormal psychology, and introductory sociology or introductory anthropology.|
|Explain the role of occupation in the promotion of health and the prevention of disease and disability for the individual, family, and society.|
Write a 2-3 page paper reflecting on your service learning experience.
1. Briefly describe the setting/ agency and the clients it serves. State your learning goal for this placement.
1. Describe your role at the setting and give examples of services you provided.
1. What have you learned about the social and cultural backgrounds of the children serviced by the agency?
1. Based on your experience from this setting, describe how you think occupation can be used to promote health and prevent disability for the children in this setting. Give an example.
1. Describe the influence the service-learning has had on your personal and professional growth and if your learning goal was met.