Topic 1: Collaboration for Research and Evidence-based Practice
Consider the role of the nurse as an interdisciplinary team member in completing research and using research findings to inform health care practices.
Review the following.
- Women’s Health Initiative retrieved from http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/whi
- Collaborative strategies to enhance research and evidence-based practice. (see Journal in Activities)
- Engelke, M., & Marshburn, D. (2006). Collaborative strategies to enhance research and evidence-based practice. The Journal of Nursing Administration, Mar; 36(3), 131–135
Answer the following questions.
- Discuss the role of the advanced practice nurse as an interdisciplinary research collaborator and member of the interdisciplinary team obligated to co-participate in the implementation and use of evidence-based practice.
- End your discussion by providing an example of an evidence-based change that would require the collaborative efforts of nursing and at least two other healthcare disciplines and that would lead to quality improvement in healthcare.