1. Develop a client teaching handout for a client who is to have an amniocentesis.
2. Write an essay about essential aspects of prenatal care, incorporating at least three of the key terms listed at the beginning of the chapter.
1. Create a chart that lists the stages (and phases of each stage) of labor. Identify the key physiologic and psychological changes that occur in each.
2. Develop a written checklist that can be used by pregnant women to help them determine if they are in labor
1. Create an outline that traces the progression of labor from the time a pregnant woman is admitted to the perinatal unit until birth. Include appropriate nursing assessments and interventions.
2. Review the list of key terms at the beginning of the chapter. Select at least three terms and write a paragraph relating
Create drug cards for the following pharmacologic agents, addressing the drug’s effect on maternal and fetal status:
1. Choose a body system that undergoes changes after childbirth. Develop a chart that compares the changes that occur in the system during pregnancy and then after birth.
2. Review the list of key terms at the beginning of the chapter. Select one of these terms and write an essay integrating this term with the topic of the chapter.
1. Prepare review cards for the key terms listed at the beginning of the chapter. On the cards, define each key term and use it in a sentence.
2. Create a poster using drawings, illustrations, and photos to depict positive bonding and attachment behaviors
1. Using the terms at the beginning of the chapter, write a report that describes the events associated with newborn adaptation
2. Create a flowchart or diagram that outlines the changes occurring with the transition from fetal to newborn circulation.
1. Select five or six key terms listed at the beginning of this chapter and use them in
2. Write a step-by-step procedure for administering eye prophylaxis in a newborn.
1. Create a chart that compares and contrasts polyhydramnios and oligohydramnios.
2. Write an essay that describes a high-risk pregnancy
3. Develop an assessment checklist that could be used to assess a woman with premature rupture of membranes.
1. Create a written handout for pregnant women that addresses the effects of substance use and abuse during pregnancy
2. Develop a poster that illustrates the effects of diabetes on the mother and her fetus and neonate.
3. Write a report on how the cardiovascular changes that occur during pregnancy can affect a pregnant woman with heart disease and her fetus.
1. Develop a chart that summarizes the four obstetric emergency situations.
2. Write an essay that describes dystocia and the underlying events that can lead to it.
Create drug cards for the following tocolytic agents:
3. Magnesium sulfate
1. Develop a written set of guidelines for use by a postpartum woman who has developed a wound infection.
2. Create a chart that compares and contrasts postpartum hemorrhage due to uterine atony and due to retained placental fragments.
Prepare drug cards on the following: