1. Create a timeline that depicts the development of maternal, newborn, and women’s health nursing
2. Write a report on how the definition of health has changed through the years, incorporating information about Healthy People 2020.
3. Write a brief (1-page) essay on the legal and ethical issues related to providing care to women, children and their families
4. Explain the difference between discipline and punishment. Discuss 3 strategies for effective discipline
1. Write a list of that need to be addressed to improve a client’s learning.
2. Select a cultural group and identify the major health beliefs of that group related to maternal and child health using Chapter 1 as a reference. Create a chart that lists the beliefs and propose appropriate nursing interventions for each belief that would demonstrate cultural competence.
3. Develop a checklist that a pregnant woman can use to decide about the setting for her labor and birth experience
1. Create a flow chart depicting the roles that hormones play during the reproductive cycle
2. Select five of the key terms listed at the beginning of the chapter and write an essay using them.
1. From the list of key terms at the beginning of the chapter, select three terms. Write a one-page summary describing what the terms have in common.
2. Write a report about the types of abortion
3. Create a client teaching pamphlet about endometriosis
1. Develop a teaching handout for a woman with bacterial vaginosis who is receiving metronidazole
2. Create an outline for a class presentation to a local group of adolescents about preventing STIs
3. .Select two conditions from the list of key terms at the beginning of the chapter. Write a report comparing and contrasting them.
1. Select at least five key terms listed at the beginning of the chapter and write an essay using them.
2. Create a client education poster depicting key prevention measures for breast cancer
1. Create a chart that compares and contrasts endometrial polyps and fibroids.
2. Select five key terms from the list at the beginning of the chapter and use them in an essay describing the common benign conditions of the female reproductive tract.
1. Develop a written handout that describes ways a woman can reduce her risk for cancers of the reproductive tract.
2. Create a matching exercise that lists each of the key terms in Column 1 and their definitions in Column 2. Give the exercise to a classmate to complete and then score the responses
1. Select three or four key terms listed at the beginning of the chapter and write an essay about violence and women that incorporates them.
2. 2. Create a poster that depicts the cycle of violence and the characteristics of each phase.
1. Create a flowchart that depicts the flow of blood through the fetus.
2. Write a report that describes the process of fertilization through implantation.
1. Write an essay that describes the physiologic changes that occur in the reproductive system with pregnancy. Correlate the signs and symptoms of pregnancy with these changes
2. 2. For each of the key terms listed at the beginning of the chapter, create a vocabulary card that gives the term on one side and the definition on the other side.