This assignment reinforces the importance of ethical decision-making in nursing. You will apply an ethical decision making model from this week’s readings to an ethical issue.
Review “An Integrated Ethical-Decision-Making Model for Nurses” from this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings.
Apply the ethical decision-making model in the article to access to care or an ethical issue of your choice.
Note: If you have questions about your chosen topic, contact your faculty member to ensure it is appropriate.
Follow the steps provided in the model, including the following:
- State the ethical issue and its relevance for nursing practice.
- Collect and analyze additional information:
- What populations does this serve?
- Who are the key stakeholders?
- What information is needed to overcome the problem?
- After looking at additional information, decide whether the initial problem was correctly stated.
- Develop alternatives and compare them:
- What alternative programs address the issues?
- Justify the decision:
- Explain why this is important, needed, or beneficial for vulnerable populations.
- Find strategies to implement the plan:
- What ethical arguments could you use to dissuade someone who disagrees with the program?
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 18- to 20-slide presentation
- 15- to 20-minute oral presentation
- 875-word paper
- Another format approved by your instructor
Cite at least 3 evidence-based, peer-reviewed sources published within the last 5 years to support your position(s).
Include an APA-formatted reference list.